Your area is in the Sign-Up Phase, we will be contacting every possible home in your Fiberhood & letting them know it’s time to sign up if they are serious about taking advantage of our Internet, Video, and Voice services.
How it will work for the Clay City & Sailor Springs – Illinois Broadband Grant Fiberhood
- Step 1 – Fill out the online form and pick your plan
- Note if you are wanting to keep your current landline phone number, before you start filling out the form, you will want to have a current invoice from your phone company handy.
- Under the Bill Pay Options & Additional Information Section, there is a CPNI Password and CPNI 4 Digit Pin Number. This information is for when you call in and need to make changes to your account.
- If you have any trouble or have any questions about the form, please call our business office at (618)665-3311.
- Step 2 – Signing the Agreement
- Please be watching your email 2-3 business days after you fill out the online form. We will be emailing you the service agreement, it will be emailed from awesomefiber.com, there will be a few more boxes to fill out on the service agreement. You will then fill out the boxes and electronically sign the form and it will automatically be sent back to us through email (no need to print anything).
- Note it is very important to complete your sign up. If you do not see your agreement in your inbox, please check your spam. If you did not receive it or have question please call us.
- Step 3 – Waiting on Construction to start
- With grants there is a lot of paperwork, sometimes it takes awhile for everything to be finalized. Please bear with us as you may not see any equipment in your area for a while. We also are working very hard in other areas finishing up projects. We promise you that you are on our construction list.
- Step 4 – Construction
- Before construction can start laying fiber in the ground, we have to find existing underground utilities. You might start to see flags in front of your house or around town and even paint on the sidewalks or roads. This helps our construction crews when digging.
- After the Julies you will start to see our construction crews hard at work boring, plowing, and splicing cable in your area. We do ask that if you are driving around our crews to please drive with care.
- When splicing begins you may see a time where we are not present. Don’t worry we are still working hard on get you service. During splicing we are doing things on our end to ensure everything is going to work properly. You may also see our truck and trailers parked along the side of the roadway splicing the cables together.
- After construction is over, a crew will be out to make repairs to your property. We do have to give the ground time to settle before we come back and repair any damages we may have caused.
- Step 5 – Installation of Service
- Once it is time for you to be installed, we will contact you about scheduling a time to come to your home and connect you to our high-speed Internet. Don’t worry if you haven’t heard from us in awhile when its time to get you installed we will let you know.
If you have any questions about our fiber connection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make this process is easy and simple for you! To keep up to date on what is going on with your Fiberhood, make sure to watch this webpage. We update the progress bar weekly and will be posting updates as well. Wabash hopes to start construction in the year 2021!